Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons


I would say that most of the member's of my book club, about 2/3 or so, liked or loved this book.
I, however, disliked it fairly intensely. The novel is about a book club over the span of 25 yrs or so, and therefore the lives of the several women who are in this book club. Theoretically, sounds like I should love it. But I found it too long, the characters to be too shallow, some of the situations just too scripted and all that could have been forgiven if not for the lack of discussion about the many books this bookclub had read. They were used as markers for time, no real content about any of the books..... disappointed me in a major way. Perhaps a trivial complaint, but it is what make me feel so passionately negative about this book.
Joanne's rating: 4/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have to say I agree with you Jo. I too, found it shallow and predictable. I'm not sure I would match your 4! Just finished The Space Between Us, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Peggy