Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult


I'm not the biggest Jodi Picoult reader, although I have read most of her books and they are a very nice easy read, I find them a little "formula" like, and that is a pretty big word for me and book analysis.


Anyway, this is one of her better ones, and certainly most people LOVE it, I always hear it recommended. It is about a family who chose to "breed" an additional child in the hopes of saving an existing child from a blood disease. We had a great discussion at our bookclubs, and one of my good friends has a niece who had a disease similar to the character (sister) and it is so interesting always to note how people's life experiences change they way they see the world.


Worth reading, but isn't my favourite by a long stretch....


My score: 7/10

No comments: