Friday, June 22, 2007

Rise and Shine By Anna Quindlan


I really like Anna Quindlan, so the book automatically gets a good mark from me. I did not think this was her best novel, however, it was still very readable, and very enjoyable. She paints very "large" characters this time around, not entirely within my realm of reality, but she works a lot of New York city into the novel, almost like another character and I think some of the believability of the place, time and character work because it is set in NYC.
Thumbs up. Try it and see what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll add "Rise and Shine" to my lengthy reading list. I have also enjoyed other books by Anna Quindlan. I'm currently reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and am really enjoying it (with no attempt to keep straight all the facts concerning the causes for the turmoil that has plagued Afghanistan for such a long time - very complicated). The story is intriguing - it's amazing what women in that country have had to put up with. I definitely recommend this one. Lorraine