Tuesday, April 10, 2007

So........... I was lying in bed..........


And I was thinking about this book that I read a few years ago. It was my mom's and it was about a woman who read a book a week, and then wrote a book about it.

Got me thinking about the "books about books" which I enjoy very much, and the lists of author's favourite books. Some of these books I've read recently include "Reading Lolita in Tehran" and "How Reading Changed my Life" (pictured above) and also "The Reading Group". Sadly I have often not read these books (especially in the Reading Lolita in Tehran one) and I feel like a doorknob, since I consider myself a reader.

I'm reading a lot these days, so I thought - gee whiz, I could read a book a week, and I would try to read some of those books that are mentioned in the "books about books"..... and then I will post my opinion, and if you choose, you might also post yours, a bit of a virtual book club, of sorts.

We'll see....

Also, frankly, it is a good time for me to have goals that span a year, so that's another good thing for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your book opinions and would certainly like to be a part of this virtual book club. This will be fun for those of us who love to read! Lorraine